16 More (1983-2002)
Studies showing the Efficacy and Safety of UBI Studies from 1983 – 2002
From the US National Library of Medicine and the National Institute of Health – PubMed includes links to full text articles and other related resources.
16 published studies from TB to septicemia, post-surgery diseases to peritonitis. They all affirm that UBI is an effective tool in hospitals and clinics. Most of the complete studies are in Russian.
- father impact essays https://eventorum.puc.edu/usarx/viagra-sublingual-absorption/82/ https://kirstieennisfoundation.com/dysfunction/clomid-50mg-treatment/35/ character matters essay how to delete an email account off iphone 7 cuanto tarda el efecto del viagra http://www.danhostel.org/papers/abstracts-for-research-papers-examples/11/ see url essay on middle class family wholesale distribution company business plan bundle see my life after graduation essay teaching experience essay https://behavior.org/typer/short-essay-on-drought/31/ ap lang synthesis essay rubric dosierung von cialis online follow url https://cpchawaii.edu/lptf/papers.php?rewriter=descriptive-essays-examples-pdf abilify dose for kids free grammar correction essay qual o efeito do viagra no organismo https://plastic-pollution.org/trialrx/lasix-diuretico-bula/31/ lincoln's house divided speech creative writing programs dc apa format essay title page how to format an essay for a scholarship viagra online no prior prescription canada can i take sudafed with viagra get link http://go.culinaryinstitute.edu/what-should-i-write-about-for-my-college-essay/ zithromax sell in usa term paper introductions Hemosorption and ultraviolet irradiation of the blood in the treatment of acute septicemia Vestn Khir Im I I Grek. 1983 Apr;130(4):109-12.
On the basis of analysis of results of the treatment of 115 patients with acute sepsis the authors have established that hemosorption and transfusion of the autoblood irradiated by UV rays when used in the complex therapy allow reducing lethality almost three times.
2. Ultraviolet irradiation of the blood Vestn Khir Im I I Grek. 1987 Jan;138(1):66-7.
An analysis of the experience with using the method of ultraviolet irradiation of blood in 85 patients with different surgical diseases has shown the method to be simple, available and highly clinically effective.
- Ultraviolet irradiation of the blood in the complex treatment of suppurative-inflammatory diseases. Klin Khir. 1989;(1):27-9.
The experience with the use of ultraviolet irradiation (UVI) of the blood in 98 patients with purulent-inflammatory disease is presented. UVI of the blood has considerably improved the results of treatment of the patients. The highest effectiveness of UVI of the blood is noted in treatment of chromosepsis. The treatment of psoriasis by the mentioned method appeared ineffective .
4. Serial infrared and ultraviolet whole body irradiation and placebo and ultraviolet irradiation of autologous venous blood in peripheral arterial occlusive disease. 1. Treadmill ergometry, metabolic, rheologic and hemodynamic parameters [Article in German] Z Gesamte Inn Med. 1989 Apr 1;44(7):201-7.
Scherf HP, Bäumler H, Meffert H, Turowski A, Schmidt HH, Priem F, Sönnichsen N.
Dermatologischen Klinik und Poliklinik, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin.
In 21 patients suffering from obstructive peripheral arterial disease stage II according to Fontaine, therapeutic efficacy of serial whole body irradiations (infrared or ultraviolet radiation) and pretended or real ultraviolet light blood irradiations was evaluated. Before, during and after treatment the following parameters were monitored: walking distance, oxygen partial pressure (quasi-arterial/venous), flow properties of blood (apparent blood viscosity, hemodynamics (peak flow, ultrasonics). There were no significant changes following both modalities of whole body irradiations either by sunshine-like ultraviolet light nor by infrared radiation, nor by pretended blood irradiation. In the same patients mean walking distance was prolonged threefold after ultraviolet irradiation of the patient’s own venous blood and subsequent retransfusion. Simultaneously, oxygen utilization was improved (enlarged arterial/venous difference), lactate concentration was decreased and apparent blood viscosity was diminished, whereas blood flow remained unchanged or only slightly improved. In this way the circulus vitiosus of obstructive peripheral arterial disease can be overcome. As a consequence of blood irradiation walking distance enlarges, providing better chances for physical training, which helps to extend walking distance furthermore.
- Hemosorption and ultraviolet irradiation of the blood in the complex treatment of peritonitis Vestn Khir Im I I Grek. 1989 Apr;142(4):84-7.Riabtsev VG, Gorbovitskiĭ EB, Myslovatyĭ BS, Masiukevich AV, Ronami VG.
An experience with the treatment of 199 patients with different forms of peritonitis enabled the authors to recommend to include the moving-blood ultraviolet irradiation in the complex therapy followed by hemosorption. It reduced lethality two times.
6. The ultraviolet irradiation of autologous blood and endolymphatic antibiotic therapy in treating pneumonia in patients with craniocerebral trauma Zh Vopr Neirokhir Im N N Burdenko.1990 May-Jun;(3):11-4.
On the basis of analysis of 50 cases of craniocerebral injury complicated by pneumonia, the authors prove the efficacy of including ultraviolet irradiation of autologous blood and endolymphatic antibiotic therapy in the complex of therapeutic measures. The mortality and the period of in-hospital treatment of this group of patients reduced.
- Hemosorption and ultraviolet irradiation of blood in the complex treatment of suppurative and septic diseases in children Vestn Khir Im I I Grek. 1990 Jun;144(6):79-81.
Zalesnyĭ SA, Khankoev IM, Grechishkin AI, Krasnopol’skiĭ IS, Sitnik SD.
Data on the observation of 120 children aged from one to seven years with ++pyo-septic diseases are described. The complex of intensive therapy included methods of extracorporal detoxication. Positive dynamics was noted after hemosorption and UV irradiation of blood. Preliminary UV irradiation of blood before sorption eliminated metabolic disorders. Less lethality was noted.
- Ultraviolet irradiation of blood in surgery Khirurgiia (Mosk). 1990 Nov;(11):100-4.
The results of complex treatment of 81 patients with pyoinflammatory diseases with the use of blood ultraviolet irradiation are discussed. A marked clinical effect was noted, the terms of treatment reduced by 5-10 days, the outcomes improved, and the number of complications decreased. Irradiation of autologous blood by ultraviolet rays led to modulation of the indices of antimicrobial protection, increase of the intensity of the histochemical reaction to peroxidase up to 40-50%, and diminution of pH in the neutrophil phagosomes to 5.0. The ultrastructure and ability of thrombocytes to store serotonin were restored, and intensity of their metabolic processes increased, the membrane phospholipid composition changed, and juvenile platelet forms appeared.
9. Ultraviolet irradiation of the blood in the treatment of pyo-inflammatory complications in patients with terminal renal failure Vestn Akad Med Nauk SSSR. 1991;(3):15-20.
The authors describe a technique of extracorporeal UV radiation of blood (EUVRB) in flow closed circulation. Its efficacy was assessed in combined treatment of pyo-inflammatory complications of terminal renal failure. Therapeutic effects of EUVRB are due to reduced endogenic intoxication, correction of leukopoiesis and stimulation of immunity. The changes in laboratory findings correlated with clinical pattern of the inflammation. EUVRB produced a favorable response and improved therapeutic results of pyo-inflammation treatment in patients with terminal renal failure.
- Ultraviolet irradiation of blood in patients with pulmonary tuberculosis
Probl Tuberk. 1991;(7):65-8.
The described methods for ultraviolet blood radiation were used in 80 patients: 51 had tuberculosis of the bronchopulmonary system and 29 nonspecific pulmonary diseases. A marked clinical effect was confirmed by subjective and objective methods. In all cases blood pressure moderately decreased, there was a tendency to hypercoagulation decline, the erythrocyte count and hemoglobin level increased. The microstructure of blood elements studied by a scanning electron microscope showed formation of the rosette-forming structures in the blood and a significant increase in deformed erythrocytes
- Autotransfusion of ultraviolet-irradiated blood in destructive pneumonia of young children Khirurgiia (Mosk). 1991 Aug;(8):14-20.
Kalinkin VN, Mezentsev GD, Kashuba EA, Konovalova LA, Shatilovich LN.
Analysis of the results of clinicoimmunological study of the use of autotransfusion of blood treated by ultraviolet irradiation (ABUVI) in infants with acute purulent destructive pneumonia (APDP) revealed that imbalance of cellular and humoral immunity factors was the main factor determining the severity of the disease. ABUVI is an effective measure for correcting the immune response of the child’s organism to the bacterial aggression through adequate production of monocytic phagocytes and plasma cells of the blood. It also influences the completeness of humoral immunity and reduction of T-lymphocyte deficiency in the acute phase of the disease. ABUVI raises the efficacy of complex treatment of toxicoseptic forms of APDR, reduces 1.7-fold the terms of treatment, and reduces considerably the mortality rate of this disease in young children.
- Extracorporeal methods for detoxification in the combined treatment of gunshot peritonitis Voen Med Zh. 1992 Jan;(1):44-5.
On the basis of examination results and treatment of 49 patients with abdominal gunshot injuries the article emphasizes that the clinical picture of gunshot peritonitis develops much faster, and the syndrome of intoxication proceeds far harder, than in cases of peritonitis with another etiology. The authors make a conclusion that an early application of extracorporal methods of detoxication (hemosorption, plasmapheresis, ultraviolet irradiation of autologous blood, xenospleen connection) could minimize the level of intoxication and contribute to the correction of the immune status.
- The efficacy of the ultraviolet irradiation of the blood in the combined treatment of erysipelatous inflammation Vestn Khir Im I I Grek. 1992 Jul-Aug;149(7-8):84-8.
An experience with treatment of 1527 patients with different forms of erysipelas is analyzed. Under study were clinical data, nonspecific resistance parameters, peripheral and central hemodynamics and viscosity of blood. Ultraviolet irradiation of blood is an effective method of pathogenetical treatment of erysipelas which results in rapid arrest of local and general symptoms of the disease. The number of complications and recurrences was reduced.
14. Effectiveness of chemotherapy in combination with electrophoresis and ultraviolet irradiation of blood in newly diagnosed patients with destructive pulmonary tuberculosis Probl Tuberk. 1995;(3):20-2.
Efficacy of inpatient treatment was compared for 222 new-onset cases of destructive tuberculosis of the lungs. 86 patients received chemotherapy plus electrophoresis and UV blood irradiation (group 1), 136 patients received chemotherapy alone (group 2). Group 1 patients benefitted more; bacterial discharge ceased in 100%, destruction in 89% of patients within 3 months against 59% and 38%, respectively, in controls. Combined therapy prevents toxic allergic reactions and shortens hospital stay by 48 days.
15. Effectiveness of extracorporeal ultraviolet blood irradiation in treatment of chronic obstructive bronchitis in pulmonary tuberculosis Probl Tuberk. 1998;(3):48-50.
The use of extracorporeal ultraviolet blood irradiation (EXUVBR) in the complex treatment of patients with chronic forms of pulmonary tuberculosis (cavernous, fibrocavernous) concurrent with chronic obstructive bronchitis (COB) has demonstrated a positive effect of the photo-modified autoblood on the course of COB. The findings have suggested that the magnitude of clinical symptoms of COB was nearly halved, the forced expiratory volume per second increased, the counts of stab neutrophils and lymphocytes and erythrocyte sedimentation rate became normal. Analysing the bacterial isolation rate showed a significant decrease in the number of Mycobacteria tuberculosis detected by luminescence microscopy after a session of EXUVBR. The latter used in pulmonary tuberculosis concurrent with COB promotes the enhanced efficiency of treatment of patients with these combined abnormalities.
16. Extracorporeal ultraviolet irradiation of blood in combined treatment of patients with peritonitis Klin Khir. 2002 Jul;(7):19-20.
Experience of application of extracorporeal ultraviolet irradiation of the blood (EUIB) in 60 patients with diffuse peritonitis of different etiology was presented. EUIB was conducted in 16-24 hours after performance of operation using apparatus MD–73 M “Izolda”. The leukocytic index of intoxication after performance of the EUIB third procedure had reduced by 28.5%. Leukocytic index of shift had reduced after the first procedure performance–by 23.1%, after the third–by more than 50%. T-lymphocytes quantity in 22-24 hours after conduction of the first EUIB procedure had increased by 23.8% and after the third–by 63%. General postoperative mortality after complex treatment conduction using EUIB had constituted 3.3% and without EUIB–6.5%. Duration of treatment of the patients, in whom EUIB was applied, had shortened by 2.6 days.